|NOTE: Limited stock available. Discontinued by manufacturer. When they are gone they are gone.|
Original price: $17.99!
SureFire EarPro Sonic Defenders® Cobalt EP8 Variable Noise Reduction Reusable Ear Plug Features:
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR 24*)
- 7-Point-Contact EarLock retention rings keep the ear plugs in place gently, comfortably, and securely
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB with and without stoppers open
- Hear safe sound levels (with stoppers out) for excellent safety and situational awareness in industrial settings
- Ergonomic design and double-flange stem design conforms to ear shape for comfort and secure retention
- Made from proprietary detectable metal-infused polymer that's soft, durable, and long-lasting
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or earmuffs
*NRR rating with stoppers inserted
SureFire EarPro Sonic Defenders® Cobalt EP8 Variable Noise Reduction Reusable Ear Plugs allow you to hear what's going on around you and participate in conversations while remaining protected from hazardously loud noise on the factory floor. Sonic Defenders Cobalt EP8 ear plugs are designed for food industry workers, with bright blue lanyard cords, plugs, and ear tips. The EP8 uses an proprietary metal-infused polymer that's detectable by industrial scanners, making these ear plugs an excellent and safe choice for workers and companies alike. SureFire Sonic Defenders Cobalt EP8 ear plugs offer two modes of noise reduction with a simple, attached stopper on each ear plug that allows you to tailor your hearing protection to your surroundings:
- Without the stoppers inserted, incoming sounds above safe levels (85dB and higher) are instantly reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates an acoustic filter. As the noise level increases, the attenuation provided by the acoustic filters also increases, giving you increasing protection instantly and continuously as you need it. With the stoppers open, you can get that sound filtering and still hear safe sounds around you (such as voices) clearly. That smaller amount of sound attenuation allows for situational awareness -- a feature which makes the EP8 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications in addition to being an ideal hearing protector for food industry workers.
- Alternatively, the stoppers may be inserted to help block out more noise -- particularly in the lower frequencies -- for even more protection from unwanted sounds. The SureFire EP8 provides an NRR of 28dB with the filter caps inserted. This is especially helpful in situations where loud, low-pitched noise is a constant problem, or in any other situation where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical, such as when trying to sleep.
The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, with an adjustable-stem design plus EarLock® retention rings providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and extended product life (3 to 6 months or more, depending on usage and care). Sonic Defenders' low-profile design also means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask or while using a phone or headset.
Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a polymer lanyard and flexible dual-flanged silicone tips. Medium silicone-tipped EP8 Sonic Defenders fit most people comfortably. Sizing is based on the size of the ear's Helix Bowl. Consult Sizing Chart for proper fit.
For even better sound reduction and SureFire Cobalt detectability, try the EP9.