These are not the muffs you're looking for. You actually want these right over here.
3M Peltor 90542 3DC worktunes wireless hearing protector with AM/FM, Aux in, and BlueTooth provide a wide range of capabilities for communications and music listening while working in noisy environments, along with the latest advance in noise protection called Safe Volume Control.
Peltor understands the industrial work environment. They know that you want to listen to the radio or your smart phone via bluetooth while you remain protected from dangerously loud external noise. Peltor also knows that you want to turn the volume up to an enjoyable level. Ordinary AM/FM radio headsets either contain no limit to the volume at which you play the radio or music from your phone, or they have an 82 dB volume limiter that can often be too quiet to be enjoyable. If they have no volume limit, the plant manager or safety officer will usually not permit their use. These products leave you with a poor choice: either you get no music, or you get music, but at so low a volume you cannot enjoy it the way you want.
The unique Peltor worktunes wireless Safe volume Control technology lets you have both the volume you want and the hearing protection you need. This very smart headset monitors the volume you listen to over time, and when you approach the safe noise dosage limit for an 8 hour shift, the headset automatically turns down the volume so that you cannot exceed a safe noise dose. What this means for the worker is that you get to play your music as loud as you like, so you are not limited to the arbitrary 82 dB level all the time. This means if you are smart about it, and choose to just turn the volume up when your favorite songs come on, you will likely never have to suffer with a low volume limit. It also means that if you have the headset off during breaks, giving your ears some rest, the headset will let you continue enjoying your music at the volume you choose for even longer when you get back on the job.
Peltor WorkTunes Wireless is also equipped with BlueTooth so you can link up with your smart phone to play music from Pandora, Spotify or other sources you may have and when you get a text, notification, or incoming call, the headset will turn down the music so you can hear the alert or call, and never miss another call or text because of your noisy work environment. Note: WorkTunes Wireless does not have a microphone, so you may not be able to keep the headset on while you make or take a phone call. If the environment is not over 90 dB, you may be able to keep the headset in place to hear the incoming call, and simply hold the phone to your mouth when you speak, but Peltor recommends that when you hear an incoming call you want to take, that you exit the noisy space and remove the headset to complete the call normally.
If you have an iPod, two way radio or other device you want to be able to hear in your WorkTunes Wireless headset, you can use the aux jack and the included patch cable to connect any device equipped with a standard 3.5mm stereo or mono jack. Note: when connected via the input jack, volume may not be limited. It is the responsibility of the user to make sure the volume is not set at a dangerously high level when using the aux in cable to connect an external device.
3M Peltor 90542 3DC Worktunes Wireless Hearing Protector with AM/FM, Aux in, and BlueTooth Features and Benefits:
- NRR 24 noise protection for use in environments up to 109 dB.
- Built in AM/FM radio lets you listen to available broadcast radio stations.
- Built in BlueTooth (listen only) lets you link up with your smart phone as a music source, and to hear alerts and incoming phone calls in the headset.
- Aux in jack lets you connect to external music players or radios (listen only) that are equipped with a standard 3.5mm stereo or monaural jack (patch cable included).
- Safe Volume Control Technology monitors the cumulative noise dose to which you are exposed while listening to the WorkTunes Wireless, and before a safe noise dose can be exceeded, the headset automatically turns down the volume to protect your hearing, earning WorkTunes Wireless our OSHA Compliant seal. (Note: Safe Volume Control does not monitor sounds delivered by Aux. input cable.)
- Safe Volume Control means you can listen as loud as you like, and know that the headset will automatically turn down the volume if you approach a harmful noise dose during an 8 hour period.
- Audio voice prompts tell you what is happening as you push buttons or tune the radio so you never need to remove the headset to make adjustments.
- Single finger tuning lets you easily change radio stations.
- Supports up to 50 radio station presets.
- Smart phone function button lets you interact with your phone or music player from the headset.
- Three user selectable sound settings give you some control over sound quality.
- Soft conformable ear cushions, vented headband with removable pads and durable wire reinforcement provide you with long life and maximum all day comfort.
- One year manufacturer's warranty by 3M.
- Powered by two AA batteries (not included,) or optional Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack (sold separately).
More BlueTooth Compatible Electronic Earmuffs