The BRS was discontinued June 1st, 2020. The replacement, the new LiteCom FRS Headset
, will not work with BRS frequencies.
For BRS headset and radio users, two Peltor options remain. The Litecom Plus Headset contains the 8 BRS frequencies in channels 23-30, making it backwards compatible; it is a little more expensive and offers a few more features. Alternatively, the Litecom Pro III Headset
can be programmed to operate on the 8 BRS frequencies.
3M Peltor LiteCom BRS 2-Way Communications Electronic Ear Muffs feature a built-in UHF two way radio, a noise canceling boom mic, dual action, push to talk or voice activated (VOX) operation and 8 preset BRS frequency channels with 38 subchannels. Designed to integrate into your existing BRS 2-way radio system, LiteCom BRS offers a low-cost alternative to other high noise 2-way radio communications systems.
|3M Peltor LiteCom BRS 2-Way Communications Electronic Ear Muffs Features and Benefits:
- NRR 25-26 noise protection (Headband and Hard hat models = NRR 25. NeckBand model = NRR 26).
- Ergonomic and durable headset design with adjustable bands, deep earcups, comfortable ear pads that seal well against ambient noise, and replaceable ear pads for long life.
- Headband, neckband and hard hat models available to suit any application.
- Built in 2-way UHF radio programmed with 8 channels and 38 subchannels in the business radio services spectrum (464.5000 to 467.9257 MHz.) Configured to communicate with your existing UHF radios, or with just other Lite-Com BRS headsets as you wish. (FCC License is required to transmit on these frequencies.)
- Privacy sub-channels expand the available communications channels (38 using CTCSS)
- Transmit power of 150 mW, for up to three kilometers (9500 feet) transmit range in open air.
- User Selectable Push-to-talk (PTT) and voice activation (VOX) functions. VOX can be easily turned off if preferred, and/or in extreme noise situations where PTT gives the user better control when transmitting.
- Simple to operate with three buttons on one ear cup. When the unit is turned off, the settings are retained.
- Comes complete with an ambient-noise compensated dynamic boom microphone that works well even in high noise environments.
- Ghost voices announce headset settings changes in your ear in your choice of 3 user selectable Languages (English/Spanish/French).
- Powered by 2AA batteries (included) or by an optional rechargeable battery pack, with up to 20 hours life depending on usage.
- Low battery warning and automatic shutoff after 2 hours of inactivity, to save batteries.