|LiteCom FRS: Hearing Protection with Built-In Analog Two-Way Radio (FRS Channels)|
3M Peltor LiteCom FRS 2-Way Communications Electronic Ear Muffs feature a built-in analog two way radio, a noise canceling boom mic, dual action, push to talk or voice activated (VOX) operation and 22 preset FRS frequency channels. Designed to integrate into your existing FRS 2-way radio system, LiteCom FRS offers a low-cost alternative to other high noise 2-way radio communications systems.
See Mfg. DataSheet
3M Peltor LiteCom FRS 2-Way Communications Electronic Ear Muffs Features and Benefits:
- NRR 24-25 noise protection (Neckband and Hard hat models = NRR 24. HeadBand model = NRR 25).
- Ergonomic and durable headset design with adjustable bands, deep earcups, comfortable ear pads that seal well against ambient noise, and replaceable ear pads for long life.
- Headband, neckband and hard hat models available to suit any application.
- Built in 2-way analog radio pre-programmed with 22 FRS channels. Configured to communicate with your existing FRS headsets and hand-held radios.
- Transmit power of 150 mW, for up to three kilometers (9500 feet) transmit range in open air.
- User Selectable Push-to-talk (PTT) and voice activation (VOX) functions. VOX can be easily turned off if preferred, and/or in extreme noise situations where PTT gives the user better control when transmitting.
- Simple to operate with three buttons on one ear cup. When the unit is turned off, the settings are retained.
- Comes complete with an ambient-noise compensated dynamic boom microphone that works well even in high noise environments.
- Ghost voices announce headset settings changes in your ear in your choice of 3 user selectable Languages (English/Spanish/French).
- Powered by 2AA batteries (included) or by an optional rechargeable battery pack, with up to 20 hours life depending on usage.
- Low battery warning and automatic shutoff after 2 hours of inactivity, to save batteries.
||3M Product Number
LiteCom FRS vs LiteCom BRS (Discontinued)
The LiteCom FRS Headset is the replacement for the LiteCom BRS Headset (discontinued as of June 1st, 2020). Note that this item is not backwards-compatible; the FRS is programmed with the 22 FRS frequencies, and it does not contain the 8 BRS frequencies. For those who use BRS headsets and radios, two other Peltor options remain. The Litecom Plus Headset contains the 8 BRS frequencies in channels 23-30, making it backwards compatible; compared to the old BRS, it is a little more expensive and offers a few more features. Alternatively, the Litecom Pro III Headset can be programmed to operate on the 8 BRS frequencies.