NOTE: This Product Requires Ear Impressions. Please View Instructions Before You Purchase This Product.
Custom Fit Westone DefendEar Digital Modular Electronic Shooting and Hunting Ear Plugs offer true state of the art assistive listening married to automatic impulse noise protection, and all in a unique modular design. The ear pieces are custom molded of Westone's proprietary medical grade OtoBlast silicone for an earpiece so soft and comfortable you may forget you have it in your ear. All the electronics are encased in a removable and replaceable module that fits into a pre-formed cavity in the earpiece. This innovative modular design means you can easily remove the electronic module for cleaning, maintenance, repair or upgrades without having to destroy the custom earpiece as is usually the case with ordinary hunting hearing aids.
Using the ear impressions you send to us, which you obtain from an audiologist or EENT, Westone earmold lab technicians make your custom DefendEar Digital earpieces of OtoBlast silicone. OtoBlast is specifically formulated to optimize biocompatibility, attenuation, comfort and durability, and to add still another layer of protection, Westone includes Slick-Sil AM™ anti-microbial coating, making your DefendEar Digital earpieces highly resistant to contamination as well as super easy to insert, even without the addition of lubricants.
Advanced CENS™ Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
DefendEar Digital electronics are every bit as advanced as the earpieces. Using a built-in sophisticated and extraordinarily sensitive directional microphone, and CENS™ Digital Signal Processing (DSP), DefendEar constantly monitors environmental sounds and responds with lightning speed to dangerously loud noises such as gunfire, instantly compressing the soundscape so that you still hear all the sounds around you, but at a volume that is well below the danger limit.
By employing complex compression curves and an 8-band equalizer, DefendEar simultaneously compresses dangerously loud sounds and amplifies quiet sounds so that you can hear everything around you clearly and safely. You set the volume at the level you want to hear and DefendEar Digital amplifies sounds that are below that level and when needed, DefendEar automatically suppresses sounds that are above the danger level. The result is that you hear everything around you better with DefendEar Digital than you would with your open ear, as well as being protected from dangerously loud impulse and continuous noises, automatically, and seamlessly.
Three DefendEar Digital Models to Suite a Wide Range of Applications
DefendEar Digital is available in three different models, DefendEar Digital 1, 2 and Hunter models. All three models share the same great benefits of full custom OtoBlast ear molds, modular construction and advanced CENS™ Digital Signal Processing. The differences in the three models are operational. DefendEar Digital 1 is optimized for general shooting protection and low sound enhancement. DefendEar Digital 2 adds a second, user-selectable mode designed especially for situations in which there is a lot of rapid fire impulse noise such as trap and skeet or range shooting. DefendEar Digital Hunter offers the addition of an advanced user selectable wind noise suppression function that is very helpful in many hunting situations where ordinary hunting hearing aids fall short.
Westone DefendEar Digital Modular Electronic Shooting and Hunting Ear Plugs Features and Benefits:
- Advanced electronics featuring CENS™ Digital Signal Processing (DSP) that amplifies low sounds while automatically reducing dangerously loud impulse and continuous noises to safe levels.
- Proprietary Westone OtoBlast silicone earpieces for maximum durability and all day comfort.
- Numerous color options for the earpieces and for the electronic module faceplates let you customize your set of DefendEar Digital to your personal taste. (See DefendEar Digital Product Guide for color options.)
- Your initials (or any 5 characters) engraved on each earpiece.
- Slick-Sil AM antimicrobial, low friction coating for increased resistance to contamination and ease of insertion and removal of the earpieces.
- Modular construction for easy cleaning, maintenance, repair and upgrades.
- Three Models to choose from to fit most applications:
- DefendEar Digital 1. Single mode, recommended for most general shooting, hunting, and tactical ops applications as well as face to face communications in industrial noise environments up to 110 dB.
- DefendEar Digital 2. Dual mode, recommended for most general shooting, hunting, and tactical ops applications as well as face to face communications in industrial noise environments up to 110 dB, with a second mode designed for rapid fire environments including firing ranges, clay competitions, and wing shooting.
- DefendEar Digital Hunter. Dual mode, recommended for most general shooting, hunting, and tactical ops applications as well as face to face communications in industrial noise environments up to 110 dB, with a second mode designed for maximum wind noise suppression as is frequently needed in challenging hunting applications.
- Independent volume controls let you compensate for differences in your hearing.
- Low level amplification of up to 24 dB means you can hear low sounds much better with DefendEar in place than with your open ears.
- Low battery warning lets you replace batteries when it is convenient rather than in the thick of a situation.
- Battery life of approximately 150 hours.
- Box contents (after we receive your ear impressions and complete your DefendEar set):
- Two custom molded DefendEar Digital earpieces, each containing the DefendEar Digital Module you ordered
- Monitor Vault carrying case
- Cleaning cloth
- 6 Zinc Air 312 batteries
- Oto-Ease lubricant
- Oto-Clens cleaning solution
- Battery tool / cleaning loop
- DefendEar patch
- Instructional DVD
For complete specifications and more information, please refer to the links below: