|Note: Ora Tac headsets are built to order by 3M. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you need a headset sooner, please consider the Sensear product line which is available off the shelf within less than a week from order date.|
NOTE: ORA TAC requires the correct model of connecting cable to allow connection to your two way radio. To complete your ORA TAC system, you will need the ORA-BASE-BB2 headset (available above,) plus the correct connecting cable for your existing two way radio (available below.) Please ask us if you have any questions: or phone: 918-478-5500.
3M™ Peltor™ ORA TAC In-Ear Communications Headsets are designed to support both face-to-face and two-way radio communications in loud environments. The earpieces each contain an ambient microphone, an in-ear microphone and an in-ear speaker. ORA TAC also offers the option of an extra large Big Button actuator for easier use with heavy gloves. Big Button actuator not included.
Sounds from the outside enter the ambient mics, are processed by the electronics in the PTT module, amplified and/or compressed and routed to speakers in the earpieces. When transmitting, the in-ear mics pick up your voice from inside the ear, and send that to the attached 2-way radio. This system lets you hear everything going on around you while you can communicate via your attached 2-way radio at the same time. The electronics in the ORA TAC limit the volume in your ear to 82 dB, a level that is safe to hear continuously all day.
|3M™ Peltor™ ORA TAC In-Ear Communications Headsets Features and Benefits:
- ORA TAC In-Ear headset design with replaceable ear tips lets you wear ORA TAC with any kind of headgear including welding helmets and respirators, as well as letting you choose the amount of noise protection you need. Use Gray Triple Flange Tips for 20 NRR, Skull Screws Tips for 29 NRR and Yellow Classic Tips for a 30 NRR. All three kinds are included and replacements are available for purchase when needed.
- ORA TAC allows you to safely hear everything going on around you while also using your 2-way radio, even in dangerously loud environments. Each ORA TAC ear piece contains an ambient microphone to monitor the ambient sound, a noise canceling in-ear microphone to pick up your speech for 2-way radio transmission, and an in-ear speaker to let you hear around you as well as receive audio from your 2-way radio.
- An electronic circuit in the PTT module monitors the volume of ambient noise via the ambient mics on the earpieces, amplifying low sounds and suppressing dangerously loud sounds. The full soundscape, including 2-way radio receive audio, is then transmitted into the ear via in-ear speakers at a maximum safe volume of 82 dB. To transmit, the in-ear mics pick up your voice and transmits it via your connected 2-way radio.
- The PTT module has two PTT buttons located for easy activation, and two additional buttons for up and down volume control.
- The optional Big Button PTT actuator plugs into the PTT module letting you more easily actuate the transmit function while wearing bulky gloves.
- Your 2-way radio is connected to the PTT module via a compatible connecting cable. The cable you need must be purchased separately. (Order connecting cables below.)