|Elvex Impulse Level Dependent Mil-Spec Com-655 Electronic Headband/Hardhat Model
Earmuffs are designed specifically to allow comfortable and clear face to face
communications in industrial environments where constant background noise is not
only a threat to the workers’ hearing but also interferes with the ability of
the workers to communicate.|
Impulse Com-655 brings a terrific solution for the complicated communications
challenges of the extremely loud industrial environment. Impulse Com-655
provides NRR 25 ear muff protection, while amplifying softer sounds such as
This selective amplification of voices is accomplished in extreme noise
situations by the amplifier rejecting all the sounds at or below 400 Hz as well
as all the sounds at or above 4000 Hz. The remaining frequencies are thereby
isolated and amplified up to the internal limit of 82 dB. Virtually all human
speech occurs in the 400-4000 Hz range, so by rejecting everything above and
below the range of human speech, most of the extreme noise is avoided, while
speech is amplified. This technology is not perfect, but will provide an
excellent solution for even the most challenging industrial environments.
In addition to the selective amplification of the human voice frequency range
“sweet spot”, Impulse Com-655 provides impulse noise protection by compressing
dangerously loud sounds such as made by industrial machinery and equipment. The
sound compression technology used retains virtually all the sounds the user
hears, but limited to a safe volume of 82 dB. As a result the user is protected,
but still has complete situational awareness, via the two directional
microphones on the headset. He can hear everything around him, with the voices
amplified relative to the other ambient noises, and still remain fully protected
at all times.
Impulse Com-655 includes a standard 3.5mm input jack so the user can listen to a
two-way radio (listen only.) The sound from the external device is heard along
with the internal amplified sound from the environment.
NOTE: If your environment produces dangerous noise levels below 400 Hz we
recommend that you consider an active noise canceling solution instead of the
Elvex Impulse Com-655 Electronic Ear Muff Features and Specifications:
- 25 NRR
- Sound compression amplifier boosts voices while suppressing dangerously loud
sounds so you hear everything at a comfortable, crystal clear, safe volume
- Dangerous level impulse noises are compressed to a maximum safe volume level
of 82 dB.
- Two external microphones provide accurate stereophonic directional listening
- Internal gain is limited to 82 dB, for safe listening for extended periods
- 3.5mm standard stereo input jack lets you connect to a radio (listen only) or
music source including iPods. The input signal is heard along with the ambient
sound from the internal amplifier (cable not included.)
- Comfortable Padded Standard Headband or HardHat mount (with optional accessory
- Comfortable replaceable ear pads
- Power is via two AAA batteries (included.)
- Battery life is up to 175 hours, depending on volume settings.
- Auto turn-off after 4 hours to conserve power during non-use.