This item has been discontinued. Don't panic! Go back to view all 3M Brand Products.
Note: This item is built to order and is not returnable other than for defects which are covered by a one year manufacturer's warranty.
|This Item MFG P/N:
||88061-00000, 88061-B, 88061-ARC
||3M Peltor Dual Comm ComTac III Two-Way Radio Headset Kit
|Headset included MFG P/N:
|PTT adapter cable(s) included MFG P/N:
||(Two Included) FL5601-02
|...works with the following radios:
||AN/PRC-148, AN/PRC-152, AN/PRC-117, AN/PRC-119
|What is in the box:
||Headset, Gel Earseals, Two FL5601-02 PTT, Carry/Storage Bag & Batteries
|Style options available when ordering:
||Headband, Neckband or ARC model
|Color options available when ordering:
||Foilage Green, Coyote Brown, Olive Drab Green
3M COMTAC III Overview...
3M Peltor Comtac III two-way radio headset is the third generation of Comtac headsets to be produced by Peltor specifically for use in tactical and combat situations where durability in harsh conditions, compatibility with standard police and military gear, and reliable function are all basic requirements.
The Comtac III ear cup profile has been improved, to better and more comfortably fit users wearing a variety of tactical helmets used by military and law enforcement professionals, including the Advanced Combat (ACH) and MICH Helmets. Ambidextrous boom mic placement, better salt water resistance, immunity to EMI events and improved TX/TX fail safe features, all combine to make Comtac III the best two way radio headset available for the modern warefighter or tactical police operative.
Comtac III has a fixed connecting wire with a NEXUS TP-120 plug that fits into the mating jack on your choice of PTT radio adapter cables. The PTT adapter cable then attaches to your portable radio or intercom system. A wide variety of PTT radio adapters are available to enable use of Comtac III with most two way radios currently in use.
In addition to providing two-way radio connectivity, Comtac III includes two external microphones that pick up ambient sounds and amplify these up to 18 dB, providing the user with hearing that is considerably more acute while wearing Comtac III than he would have with an open ear. In the event of a nearby weapon discharge, the Comtac III amplifier instantly shuts down, providing the user with hearing protection from the noise event, automatically. As soon as the ambient noise returns to a safe level, the headset automatically resumes amplifying low sounds, providing unparalleled situational awareness while automatically providing reliable hearing protection every time it is called for.
Comtac III headsets are available in single and dual comm models. Single comm models are used with one radio and dual comm models can be connected to two separate radios at the same time.
Comtac III headsets are available in a headband style that can be worn alone or with an ACH or MICH helmet, in a neckband model, as well as one designed to fit Accessory Rail Connector (ARC) systems.
Comtac III headsets can be purchased alone or in kits. The headsets alone, have part numbers beginning with "MT" and are shipped without any accessories. If you buy the headset alone, you will need to also buy the appropriate PTT adapter cable to fit your radio. Kits have part numbers beginning with "88" and include one headset, one or two (depending on the Comtac III model) PTT connecting cable(s) chosen to fit the most common combat radios, a set of gel ear pads, a draw string bag and batteries.
3M Peltor Comtac III two-way radio headset features and benefits:
- Two-way radio connectivity with most radios via PTT adapter cables. By changing just the PTT cable, the same headset can be used with different radios.
- Earcup mounted microphones monitor ambient noise levels, amplifying low sounds and suppressing dangerously loud sounds for optimum situational awareness and automatic hearing protection.
- Two microphones provide stereo "talk-thru" sound letting the wearer perceive both intensity and direction of ambient sounds such as voices and vehicle noise.
- Radio traffic delivered to the ear is not dependent on battery power in the headset, so even if you drain the batteries, comm traffic will still be available.
- Headset is shaped to comfortably fit ACH and MICH helmets.
- Headband is fully adjustable to fit most adults.
- Voice boom mic is noise-canceling allowing use in high noise environments, and can be mounted on either side to serve both right and left handed shooters. The boom is flexible for exact placement.
- Rain and salt water resistant for all weather reliability.
- Meets environmental standard MIL-STD-810F.
- Meets EMI immunity standard MIL-STD-461E.
- Compliant with "Buy American", "TAA", and "Berry Amendment" requirements.
- Fielded by U.S. Army PEO Soldier and U.S. SOCOM.
- Powered by two AA batteries. Approximately 500 hours of battery life in service and 1200 hours on standby.