FREE ENGRAVING!NOTE: This Product Requires Ear Impressions. A do-it-yourself impression kit is available as an option, or you can obtain ear impressions locally.
Please View Instructions Before You Purchase This Product.
This product comes with FREE initial engraving! Please tell us the initials you would like engraved in the comments box during checkout.
Learn about Slick-Sil AntiMicrobial Coating. Highly Recommended.
Westone TRU™ Custom Professional Musician Ear Plugs Features and Benefits:
Westone TRU™ Details:
- Additional filters are user-changeable and available for order separately, letting you choose just the right level of attenuation you need for each venue.
- Small size of filters means the custom ear plugs they fit into can be made much smaller and more discrete than ordinary custom musician ear plugs.
- Two color choices of filter available (clear and smoke).
- Numerous color choices for the custom molds.
- Custom TRU™ molds are made of medical grade Otoblast silicone for years of comfortable and durable performance, even with daily wear.
- Very low profile TRU™ earpieces are nearly invisible when in the ear, and worn easily under a helmet.
- Custom ear molds are available without filters so you can use filters you may already have from universal fit TRU™ ear plugs.
Westone TRU™ advanced acoustic filters feature a dual membrane structure that provides the most natural hearing profile of any musician ear plug on the market today. TRU™ filters let you accurately and clearly hear whatever you are listening to, but just at a reduced volume. One set of filters comes with your purchase of full custom TRU™ ear plugs, and additional filters are available for purchase separately. The filters just snap right into the custom molds, so you can easily swap the filters as needed. The chart that follows shows the attenuation profile of each of the four different filters to help you choose.
NOTE: It is common with musician ear plugs for the vendors to quote an "Average Attenuation" and this will always be higher than the NRR (Noise Reduction Rating.) The reason for this is that NRR is meant to help the user choose a hearing protector that will protect against hearing loss. Because the higher frequencies are more dangerous, the NRR is weighted so that it tells the user how effective the device will be mainly at the higher frequencies. Because musicians want to be able to hear the high notes as well as the low notes, the average attenuation gives a clearer picture of what the ear plugs will let you hear. In choosing a hearing protector when you are concerned about protecting your hearing, always refer to the NRR rather than to the average attenuation. The NRR will tell you how much protection against damage you are getting. The Average Attenuation will tell you how much the device will reduce the volume over all.
**Note: The NRR for the 4 filters have been updated to those listed above the table. The table shows the first test results that have now been superseded by new test results.
The Westone TRU Customs Difference
Westone TRU Custom Ear Plugs are a cut above the rest when it comes to custom molded hearing protection for musicians.
- Top-of-the-line Sound Filters for Musicians: TRU Customs come with one set of top-notch musicians filters (four choices available). Extra filters are available (purchased separately), and you can swap the filters in and out yourself to suit different occasions.
- Quality Accessories: In addition to the zippered case, the packaging also includes Oto-Ease lubricant for easy and soothing insertion, Oto-Clens cleaner for easy clean-up after use, and a wax loop for cerumen removal to keep your filters clear and working perfectly.
Which Westone TRU Custom Filters Should I Choose?
Filters for the Westone TRU Custom Ear Plugs are excellent for a wide range of music applications, from practice to performance. The level of attenuation is not instrument specific. Many musicians buy one set of molds and multiple types of filters, and then change them as they feel it necessary depending on how loud it is in the area where they're playing or practicing. Generally speaking however, we have found, in the use of the Concert Plugs, that vocalists prefer the WM10 (14dB), while drummers prefer the WM25 (24dB) filters. Filters are available in your choice of clear and smoke colors (a strictly cosmetic choice).
For more information, see Manufacturer's Overview of TRU™ Ear Plugs
Browse All TRU Products