3M™ E-A-Rfit™ 393-1100 Hearing Protection Evaluation and Training System is designed to be used at your facility to help you insure that all your workers are adequately protected from NIHL. In the process of evaluating the efficacy of the HPD as used by each individual, E-A-Rfit also provides an opportunity to teach proper ear plug insertion techniques, thereby improving the effectiveness of your safety program.
3M™ E-A-Rfit™ System: How it Works
Special E-A-Rfit Probed Test Plugs allow the user to insert their ear plugs as usual, then a technician connects the small sound tubes that exit the test plugs, into the E-A-Rfit™ leads, pushes the go button on the computer and seconds later, you both see a screen showing your PAR, or personal attenuation rating. Now you can be sure that the ear plugs you rely on are giving you or your employees the protection they need. If you get a failure rating, meaning the ear plugs are not properly inserted or they do not fit the individual being tested, you can simply adjust the method of inserting the ear plugs and try again, or failing that, try a different ear plug or ear muff. When you are done, you KNOW how much protection you are getting from your ear plugs, and you know how to properly use the ear plugs or ear muffs to get the most protection out of them.
The E-A-Rfit™ program running on a computer simply listens to a few seconds of pink noise projected into the room via the included desktop speaker, sampling the volume inside the ear canal, on the other side of the ear plug, and comparing that volume to the volume of sound it hears at the outside of the ear plug to determine exactly how much of the noise that is present is getting past the ear plug.
The E-A-Rfit™ test method is simple, fast, accurate, and reliable. Best of all, it helps provide crucial training feedback right on the spot, in terms the user can instantly recognize.
If you would like to consider adding the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ system's power to your organization's safety program, just let us know and we will arrange a free, no-obligation demonstration at your facility. Or, if you are ready, simply order the machine at the link above, and the probed test plugs you need at the links below. After you place your order for the E-A-Rfit system, we will arrange for a manufacturer's representative to make contact and answer any questions you may have to make sure you get off to a great start using your 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ system.
A wide range of 3M hearing protectors are available with probes for use with the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ system. To see and order all of the models currently available, please scroll down.
3M™ E-A-Rfit™ System Features and Benefits:
- Dual-element, dual-microphone assembly is the key to the system, measuring sound levels inside and outside the hearing protector
- Science-based, quantitative testing gives accurate reports of hearing protection
- Fast, clear, accurate results are obtained in just seconds and can be printed or saved electronically for future reference
- System determines personal attenuation rating (PAR) of individual workers and helps remove measurement, fitting, and spectral uncertainty
- Dual-ear design saves time by measuring both ears simultaneously in under five seconds
- System tests across 7 standard frequencies (125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 Hz)
- Works with a large variety of 3M Hearing Protection Products; earplugs, banded hearing protectors, and earmuffs
- Simple, easy-to-use intuitive software
- Worker and company reports created
- Includes Software, Speaker And Impact Resistant Carrying Case.
- Free online training and user support
- Requires probed test plugs, pods, or cushions (Sold separately below. Contact us if you need a plug not in the list.)